Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Resolutions for 2010

WOW New Year’s resolutions! This is something I have been thinking about a lot as we ring in the New Year.

First and foremost, I need to work on getting healthy. I have two young boys and since I am in my forty's I need to do what ever it takes to make sure I am around for my kids for many years to come. So with that comes getting in better shape by eating healthier, exercising, and taking better care of myself. So as winter break comes to an end, tomorrow I begin my new journey to taking care of ME!

Second, I need to work on organization of this house. There is so much that I have just ignored over the years since the kids were born, because it was way more important to me to enjoy my time with my kids. Now with my youngest in full day kindergarten, I have no more excuses to put off things around the house,  since I have been blessed to be a stay at home mom for the last 5 in a half years. I need to sit down and make a list of things I need to purge, organize, finish, and accomplish around the house while the boys are gone at school.

The final thing I want to work on for 2010 is to really get a handle on all my scrapbooking. I am 9 years behind on scrapping all those digital pictures I have taken over the years of my boys. I used to traditional scrapbook and really enjoyed it, but I no longer have the time to drag it all out every time I want to scrapbook. So last spring I started digital scrapbooking and instantly fell in LOVE with it. But the perfectionist in me made it difficult to create the pages as quickly as I would like. But over the last few months I have become very inspired by all the support I have found with the online community. I have joined several forums and have joined one creative team (I hope to join one more) which has boosted my confidence! So my goal is to make a huge dent in all the pictures I have left to scrap and to keep up on all the pictures moving forward. My goal for 2010 is to have all pictures scraped within a month of them being taken!

So wish me luck with this journey as I am sure it will be a bumpy road!

No comments:

Post a Comment